To be a University of Excellence in Teaching, Learning, Research, Innovation and Holistic Development
To provide quality education and training, research and innovation to meet the needs of a dynamic Society
Spring of Knowledge
The University College derives its mandate from University Act 2012 No.42, of 13th December, 2012, which stipulates the objectives as follows.
- Advancement of knowledge through teaching, scholarship research and scientific investigation;
- Promotion of learning in the students body and society in general;
- Promotion of culture and societal life of society
- Support and contribution to realization of national economic and social development
- Promotion of high standards in and quality of teaching and research;
- Education, training and retraining high level professionals, technical and management personnel;
- Dissemination of outcomes of research conducted by the university to general community.
- Facilitation of life-long learning through provision of adult and continuing education
- Fostering of capacity for independent critical thinking among its students; and
- Promotion of gender balance and equality of opportunity among students and employees.
- Promotion of equalization for persons with disabilities, minorities and other marginalized groups.
- To contribute to agricultural, industrial and technological development of Kenya in collaboration with industrial and institutions through the transfer of appropriate technology;
- To develop and provide education, culture professional, technological and vocational services to the community and in particular, foster corporate social responsibility
- To provide programmers, products and services in ways that reflects the principles of equity and social justice;
- To facilitate student mobility between different programmers and different training institutions, universities and industry
- To foster the general welfare of all staff and students.